Forum HL2 MOD -In The Making-
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you always wanted to make your own video game with a TEAM? Now you can join our team at www.hl2mod.darkbb.com -We Want You! To Join WWW.HL2MOD.DARKBB.COM - (You must be 18 years old or older)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions?

Go down 
+3
Mike
Matt16
Rick
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rick
T3h L3ad0r
Rick

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:35 pm

Hello everyone, I would like to work on a mod that looks like Day of Defeat: Source and Quake III Arena. Here's a few examples:

Day of Defeat: Source
Suggestions? Dayofdefeatsource200510eu3

Quake III Arena
Suggestions? Quake3fo6

These are some examples as a mod I would like to work on. We can't really get the exact details of each game but we can still have a basic game. This isn't the official HL2 Mod I would like to make with our Team but if anyone wants to suggest anything like: Maps, Models, Settings, Story and GamePlay anything it would be alot of help.

Thanks, Rick

Last edited by Rick on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hl2mod.darkbb.com
Matt16
BG Member

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Hey all, I have an idea to create the style with the following game style:
Old warfare (DOD:S),Quake III and Halo.

Now for the weapons my idea is to take a real weapon exemple (M4A1) and customize it with skins that we gonna make and I'll change the gun name after.
Well thats all I got for now I'll think for other idea but for now this is what I got....

Thx, Matt16 >.< Razz
Back to top Go down
Mike
BG Member
Mike

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:18 pm

My Idea is to make it totaly evil like we are demons killing each other.
Back to top Go down
Mike
BG Member
Mike

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:26 pm

We could have a webcam thing within the game, so people with webcam can see who they are playing.
Back to top Go down
Rick
T3h L3ad0r
Rick

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:30 pm

I like the webcam idea, but I'm not sure about the demon thing. Evil I can work with.
Back to top Go down
Sim9306
BG Member
Sim9306

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:17 pm

In my opinion, I thinks the webcam Idea is rather hard to do and a bit exagerrated. You know, keep the people's identity...

I don't want to crash the idea, it's a great thing.. But we must also think about security...
Back to top Go down
Rick
T3h L3ad0r
Rick

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Ya, true but if players don't really want we could set up a security for that feature. Like disable webcam. We could name it something else tho. I don't know what but, anyways ya its true about the "people's identity" they don't have to show them self its just like if they want to.

They only thing I'm worried about the CPU % of the server's if we ahve that I don't even know if its possible of having that on there. I'll ask other people that work with that kind of stuff. I still think we should see further with that idea.
Back to top Go down
Sim9306
BG Member
Sim9306

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:28 pm

Yeah, and I thought about this.. Would you like the Idea of an FSP game like you want, but w/ Rpg...You know, Like Gunz or someting like that..

Cauz' By looking at what you want, Would it be an FPS Arena type game w/ big maps, team missions and all this.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rick
T3h L3ad0r
Rick

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:00 pm

For now I would rather have an FPS game, then if we did that we can probably move on to different kind of games. That's what I think.
Back to top Go down
Chris
BG Member
Chris

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:27 am

we can have a fps that is taking place in a alternat reality of earth (It is the year 2010 the earth has just suffered a huge nuclear war, with all the radiation and chemicals some humans have been infected and mutaded in Zombie like creatures, humanity is at the peak of Extinction all humans must do enything it takes to survive.) And the weapons would be like baseball bats, kitchen and boutcher knifes and beat up hunting rifles and shotguns with verry low ammo becaus ammo is hard to find... Also we can have two teams the Mutants and the Survivors. The mutants could like be verry Fast and agile but cannot use weapons and when they kill a survivor the survivor gets turned into a Mutant (and if the survivor gets biten by a mutant he hase a time limite to get an antidote before he turns into a Mutant).*Gasp*

Just an IdeaSuggestions? Image584768x

Suggestions? Xlg_nuclear_radiation_0

Suggestions? Zombiemassacre
Back to top Go down
David
BG Member
David

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:37 am

To use that idea you would have to make it an open world fps.
Back to top Go down
Rick
T3h L3ad0r
Rick

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:33 am

Ya, I'm not sure that HL2 MOD can do a World of FPS or something like that and its not has much Original making a "Zombie" or "Mutants" game then making something else. Thats what I think. We could always use some of your ideas like the Nuclear Bomb in maybe in the years 2103 and have a Future Warfare or either way.
Back to top Go down
Chris
BG Member
Chris

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:06 pm

No not an open world, a territory bassed maps like Counter strike
Back to top Go down
Rick
T3h L3ad0r
Rick

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:56 pm

If you already say the other MODS like Zombie Panic! or Zombie Master, its like the same idea but Zombies instead of Mutants. I'm not sure about that.
Back to top Go down
David
BG Member
David

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 3:47 pm

With FPS's almost everything has already been done. And if you choose something that is styled like a popular mod you'll be getting a lot of hate.
Back to top Go down
Rick
T3h L3ad0r
Rick

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:03 pm

Ya, so we better just go with Original theme's but I still want to make a FPS game but I pretty sure that every BG Members that want to make a FPS. Maybe a Future Warfare because you can probably do anything with weapons, models and maps.
Back to top Go down
David
BG Member
David

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:07 pm

yeah alternative dimension would be better, yeah know? Humankind leaves earth because pollution etc. and they get sucked into a black hole on their spaceship and get spit out in an alternative universe where they crash land on an alien planet O_O
Back to top Go down
Rick
T3h L3ad0r
Rick

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:12 pm

Maybe not the alien part but something along that. I was thinking of more like BattleFront but not capturing the bases but like BattleShips Vs a Planet or something like that. You need to defeat the enemy by destroying there defences and all that stuff or maybe something different at least something with Future WarFare.
Back to top Go down
David
BG Member
David

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:15 pm

Ahhhh how about quake styled? Along with a bit of Dark Messiah Multiplayer Crusade gameplay. There are a set of maps, and odd number so there is a middle one, the first one you play is space vs space, then depending on who won, you go onto space vs the losers planet, if the losers win its back to space vs space but if the attackers win its onto straight attacking their planet from the ground. and if you win that one, then you win the war!
Back to top Go down
Rick
T3h L3ad0r
Rick

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:29 pm

Sounds good, but its to much the same thing... For that matter thats what I think... What we could do its kind of big but it doesen't matter is to use Planets & Space at the same time. I don't know if you understand me. But like maybe have an enemy coming to your planet and you need to lauch your BattleShips and your "Turrets" or "Small Ships" to defend your self. If you lose you would probably do BattleShips Vs Planet until you die or something. I want to use Planets because I want to be able to use Tanks but in Future WarFare, Guns everything.
Back to top Go down
David
BG Member
David

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:53 pm

OK how about teleporters from the ships to the planet and the attackers need to breach the ship's defenses to get to the teleporters. Then they attack the planet from the ground using dropships to drop off tanks and the like.
Back to top Go down
Rick
T3h L3ad0r
Rick

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 7:26 pm

That's sounds cool, what about giving the teleporters like a distance limit?
Back to top Go down
David
BG Member
David

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 7:40 pm

Yeah that would work.
Back to top Go down
Rick
T3h L3ad0r
Rick

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 1:08 pm

I'm having second thoughts about the Future WarFare... I just had alot more ideas, (Modern WarFare) the only problem I got from my ideas is that the game was to realistic and I'm pretty sure somebody else already made a game out of it. If there isn't I'll give you some of my ideas I just had. My ideas looks like a bit like... Battlefield, Insurgency HL2 Mod and America's Army.
Back to top Go down
David
BG Member
David

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 1:30 pm

TOTALLY ORIGINAL IDEA ALERT!

This idea probably sucks, but whatever. There is a fight going on between the British explorers in Africa and the Natives. As an explorer you get a revolver, Machete etc. As a Native you get blow darts and bows and spears. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum HL2 MOD -In The Making- :: General Discussion-
Jump to: